Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Positive Page-turner's Challenge: Take 2

Happy February! The picture I’m sharing reflects many of the books I’ve had on hand since the photo I posted on November 1st. I have not made a big dent in this pile, and I’ve already discovered a novel that I had settled elsewhere that I would’ve liked to include in this photo. Ah, well, maybe next time.
            If you read the post’s title, you’ll know that I’m again trying my “Positive Page-turner’s Challenge.” I’ve made a couple major changes, which make up my challenge. Instead of donating $50 for every 875 pages I read, I’m going to donate $25 for every 500 pages I read. I’m hopeful that I’ll do much better this month than in November/December, even though February is the shortest month. My donation will again go toward the Haiti Project through my home church.
            What is going on in your life? Do you have a passion project you’d like to share? If you’d be interested in learning more about GoServ Global in Haiti or want to get involved at any level, please let me know! (FYI in the random: While getting cat food today, I also bought three 10-packs of bar soap. Again, I am ALWAYS collecting bar soap to send to Haiti via GoServ Global.)
            Blessings and happy reading to you all. Love, Lisa.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Your reading challenge is such a terrific idea - love it! And, by the way, I'll be purchasing packs of bar soap for you to send to Haiti via GoServ Global. What a great project! Thank you for sharing your passion for helping people in Haiti as well as your passion for reading. You are awesome!
    Blessings, JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. February 2017 has come and gone, which means Take 2 of my Positive Page-turner's Challenge is now complete. Some of the stories I read in February were 'short' - averaging about 200 pages each - but I read seven books total. My total page count was 1,743 pages. I rounded up to 1,750 pages and will therefore donate $87.50 to my home church to be designated for our Haiti Project through GoServ Global.

    I hope you find this post - and others like it - inspiring. Please share with me if you've sought out volunteering opportunities, whether you donate your time or money or a specific skill. I'd love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)