Thursday, August 29, 2019

The Positive Page-turner's Challenge: Take 7

Summer is fast winding down, and I haven’t posted a Page-turner’s Challenge since January. That one is going very well for me, by-the-way. Including the packages of bar soap I already bought for this month, I’ve boxed up 58 packages of soap that contain eight or ten bars per pack. Some of it has been sent to Haiti this year – over 80 pounds! I do not know when the next round will get sent. I send full bars only (not the hotel bars), usually something gentler like Ivory, so if anyone wants to begin their own soap project, let me know. Or, if you’d like to contribute to my soap project, please let me know that, too!
            This Page-turner’s Challenge is already complete. For every book you see in this picture (there are 16), I donated $5 per book. I wrote out a check for $80 to my home church’s Haiti Fund on Sunday, Aug. 18.
            I am swiftly on my way to readying my next photo op of books. Do you have any idea what sort of challenge I should present to myself for that round? (Otherwise, I’m sure I’ll donate a dollar amount again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)