Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sims FreePlay: Ghost Hunters Quest

The primary subject of my blog is definitely not Sims FreePlay. However. I thought I would post this in the event that it can clue in anyone who might be looking for it. I wanted to know the steps in the Ghost Hunters Quest, but I didn’t have any luck finding it. To be fair, my search was not extensively time-consuming, although I’ve found other quest lists with very little research.

SIMS FREEPLAY: GHOST HUNTERS QUEST
Steps as of March 2014 -- Pre-Update

1. Send a Sim to the Park
2. Hide in the Public Toilet in the Park (18 hours, 30 minutes)
3. Buy the Spooky Painting (1st is Free, additional cost 1 LP)
4. Hide from the Painting (1 day)
5. Drink an Herbal Tea (2 minutes)
6. Complain to the Toilet (6 hours, 30 minutes)
7. Complain to a Spooky Painting (6 hours, 30 minutes)
8. Get 4 Sims in the Park
9. Hold a Conference on a Soapbox in the Park (1 day)
10. Look for Ghosts with a Video Camera (16 hours, 30 minutes)
11. Buy Another Spooky Painting (1st is Free, additional cost 1 LP)
12. Buy Spooky Bookshelf (§200)
13. Read Fine Literature (14 hours)
14. Buy Spooky Chains (§180)
15. Tell Jokes to the Spooky Chains (4 hours, 30 minutes)

Note #1: Certain times may vary depending on the star rating of the item you’re using.
Note #2: If you complete this quest within the time limit, you unlock the Haunted House lot.
Note #3: You have 6 days, 23 hours to finish this quest in order to unlock the Haunted House lot. You can note by the highlights that there are many time-consuming elements to the quest. If you’re determined to obtain the Haunted House lot, be prepared to either (A) make this game your life for a week or (B) fork over lots of LPs.
Note #4: These times are based on times before the update. I was already in the midst of this quest when the 3/12/2014 update occurred, and I have a feeling some of these longer task times are no longer that long. If you’ve run across this quest since the update, please let me know which task times have changed. Thanks.

Happy Simming!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't started this quest yet, I'm about to end the one before it, but I've come across a great way to save time on these quests. If you get a list like this one, you can start the next time consuming task before the previous one is fine. For example, I'm going to start reading fine literature (step 13) while only a few hours into looking for ghosts with a video camera (step 10). This works great on any task that isn't quest specific, you just have the tasks finish in the right order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typo above. Start the next time consuming task before the previous one is FINISHED, not fine!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I totally agree that it's a great way to save time when it isn't a quest-specific task. I've definitely taken advantage of that when I've been able. I don't recall the exact quest, but there was one where I had three Sims in three different houses doing different time-consuming tasks. The only tricky part was being careful to click them in the correct order!

      Delete

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)