Sunday, September 9, 2018

Trondhjem's Pie & Ice Cream Social 2018 continued ...

We are one week away from one of my favorite days of the year: Trondhjem’s Pie & Ice Cream Social Day! If you’re up on my blog, you’ll see that I posted my poem for this annual event last week. This post features a handful of photos featuring items that you can see if you, too, attend this year’s Social. The two quilts are the quilts starring in this year’s quilt raffle. The remaining photos spotlight items that will be up for bidding at our Silent Auction upstairs. If you’re able to come, please check out those items and so much more!
This is the larger of the two quilts donated by Trondhjem’s WELCA. It features primarily brown tones. Very neutral.
This is the smaller of the two quilts donated by Trondhjem’s WELCA. It features primarily gray tones. Also very neutral.
These Kate Spade sunglasses were donated by Family Eye Care Center of Austin, MN. The frame’s front is two-toned. The temples (a.k.a. bows) are darker like the top portion of the frame front. Card not included. :-) (The card prop is courtesy of my sister-in-law, Katie.)
The LuLaRoe leggings and gift card were donated by LuLaRoe - Megan Flatness. The leggings are one size. They will be separate auction items. So, if you’re not into leggings or one size isn’t your size, you’ll still have a chance at a LuLaRoe-related item if you so choose.
These books are from me. As in, I bought them and will be placing them on the Silent Auction. They will all be separate bid items. Not one, but four items. As you can see, they represent a variety of genres and aren’t specific to one age group. I have not read any of them, so be warned. Although I’ve bought them once, I’ll gladly buy them back!

5 comments:

  1. This is something I did two years ago, and I'm serving this option up again.

    I have 30 QUILT RAFFLE TICKETS. I have no luck, so decided, as part of my quilt raffle donation, I will give others a chance at a quilt or two (see photos above).

    'What do I have to do to get my name on a raffle ticket?' you might ask. All YOU have to do is post a comment. One comment per raffle ticket. So, if you're really on top of it, you could comment 30 times and snag all the tickets. This will be open until I've designated all the tickets OR Sept. 16, whichever happens first. I do have a few parameters.

    1: Your comment MUST be related to the post. You can comment on any post; it is not limited to this post.

    2: Sorry to exclude anyone, but if we don't know each other, you may wish to refrain from participating, as I'll need to know your first/last name to write on the raffle ticket. Additionally, if you do win, I will NOT mail the quilt, but I'd drive it to you or meet you halfway (within a reasonable distance).

    3: Anything related to the quilt raffle will be posted on this post only. So check back often or sign up for notifications on this post! I will post a final comment on Sept. 17 or 18 with the results. If the winner is someone who commented through my blog, I will contact her/him on the 16th after the Social is concluded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is the perfect addendum to the picture of the sunglasses! I'm definitely obsessed with sunglasses so I will be keeping my eyes on those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, my bad, I didn't comment about the results by the 18th. Better late than never, right? Sadly, no one whom I wrote tickets for won either quilt. If another quilt (or two) is raffled next year, then I'll keep writing out tickets, because I would love if one of my readers won!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are they doing the quilt raffle this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I do not think there will be a quilt raffle this year. It's always been in conjunction with Trondhjem's Pie & Ice Cream Social, and since we won't be having that this year due to the pandemic, I don't hold much hope that they'll still have a raffle. I'll text you if I find out differently.

      Delete

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)