Monday, October 1, 2018

The Positive Page-turner's Challenge: Take 5

Months have passed since my previous Page-turner’s Challenge, so I figured I’d get another one underway before the frenzy of holiday fun and stress and busyness are upon us. Knowing there’s a good chance I won’t read as many books as I want to, I am making this a two-part personal challenge.
1.)    Donate $10 for each book you see in this photo. (There are 19.) Easy! Complete! Check written out for $190 for my home church’s Haiti Fund!
2.)   For the months of October and November, donate a package of bar soap (eight-count or greater) for every book read (chapter books on up). For example, if I read 12 books between the two months, I will buy 12 packages of bar soap. This soap gets boxed up and will eventually go on a cargo container when next GoServ Global sends one to Haiti. In addition to GoServ Global’s website, you can find their blog here.
If anyone reading this has put in volunteer efforts or is participating in one’s own personal challenge, please share it in the comments. I don’t want to make anyone feel guilty about what they are or are not doing. But if you’re doing, I definitely want to celebrate it and live vicariously through your passion projects. Plus, who knows what fun ideas I can gain from others? And we from each other?

P.S. I am VERY behind in my reading. Looking at this photo, I have only read three of these books as of this posting date!

1 comment:

  1. As expected, I did not read as much as I wanted. So, for anyone out there reading four books per week (one such person I met just yesterday), know that I am envious of your voracious reading habits and the time you have for all of that reading!! Between October and November, I managed to read seven books. Yes, sad, I know, as that's not even one book per week. But seven packages of bar soap are better than zero. I have bought five and will plan to buy two more the next time I run errands.

    ReplyDelete

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)