Friday, March 24, 2023

The Positive Page-turner's Challenge: Take 16

It’s my first Positive Page-turner’s Challenge of 2023, but my 16th overall. As you can see from the accompanying photo for this post, there are 18 books ranging from children’s poetry to inspirational fiction novels for adults.
            With 18 books in the photo, I am going to donate $5/book. The total will amount to $90, and the money will be donated to my home church. I am as yet undecided if it’ll go into the Haiti Fund or if I’ll change it up and donate it to one of the other funds like Sunday School, Altar Guild or Building.
            While not buying packages of soap for every single book I read, I am back to buying bar soap for GoServ Global and their work in Haiti. After taking most of last year “off” from purchasing extra soap due to the unrest there and being unsure if shipments would (A) get shipped out and (B) make it to the sites GoServ serves, I’m back at it. I learned in the recent past that they did depend on the soap previously sent. It surprised me to learn that I sent almost all of the bar soap that was donated to Haiti. The soap that wasn’t bought by me was donated by one of my childhood friends. It was after my parents heard from a co-founder and small-craft pilot that he had to go buy bar soap in Florida and fly it to Haiti that I realized the soap IS helpful. It’s such a small thing and easy to take for granted, but it’s so useful. Their uses for bar soap go beyond bathing only. I will keep delivering hope through bars of soap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)