Saturday, October 12, 2013

AUTHOR EVENT: RICK RIORDAN

I’m a very happy camper, and just to be fair, let’s presume that I am a camper at both Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter. That said, let’s also presume that I can be in two places at once, which of course I really can’t be, but it’s all in the matter of fairness.
            A great big thank-you goes out to my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Katie, for attending the event with me and driving us. We found ourselves at the St. Louis County Library right before suppertime. As neither of us had attended an author event before, we really didn’t know what to expect. Surely you know this already if you’ve attended a RICK RIORDAN author event, but if you haven’t before, here’s what to expect …
            Expect AWESOME! Rick Riordan was a spectacular public speaker – must’ve been his years as a schoolteacher! – and was hilarious to boot. I laughed a lot. My event photo is sort of blurry; obviously I don’t have the best camera ever. Ah, well, you get the picture. (Yes. Pun intended!)
Rick Riordan arrives on-stage!
This shirt is a spoil of war.*
* Disclaimer: This wasn't actually a spoil of war, though I still consider obtaining one to be a victory. Additionally, no demigods, real or imagined, were harmed in the process of obtaining this shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)