Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"A Beauty So Rare" -- Week 5

I hope you have been enjoying the posts related to Tamera Alexander's novel "A Beauty So Rare." Week 5 is the last extras post I will have before posting my review of the novel. And this post is a fun one! At least, if you think a hunt that has the potential of winning you your own copy of "A Beauty So Rare" is fun! I am sharing the link through her blog, but the game itself is through Pinterest. You DO NOT have to be on Pinterest to participate in this game. Click the link below for further details.
The notion behind these posts is courtesy of Bethany House Publishers and Tamera Alexander. I have had fun sharing these tidbits with you. Before I close this post, we were asked to share our favorite paragraph or sentence from the book.  You caught me on a funny bone day, so the first sentences that came to mind were ones that made me laugh. I'll share a couple of the conversations with you.

#1 (p. 422)
Caleb: "His wife says you should get married."

Marcus: "I beg your pardon?"

Caleb: "Mrs. Fitch said that ... at your age and with your success, you should be married. But then Mr. Fitch said that not every successful man needs a wife."

Marcus: "To which Mrs. Fitch replied?"

Caleb: [Caleb grinned.] "That successful men do not know what they need. Until a woman tells them."

#2 (p. 435)
Marcus: "I'm disappointed in you, Miss Braddock."

Eleanor: "I'm disappointed in me too. I should have come out here five minutes ago, when I first had the thought."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)