Saturday, August 29, 2015

Trondhjem's Pie & Ice Cream Social 2015

If you know me well, you know that I concoct an annual poem leading up to my home church’s Pie & Ice Cream Social. This year marks the 10th anniversary of my Social poems! I wrote my first Social poem in 2006 on a whim. It was something new for me to try to do. And here we are, in 2015, and I’m still writing them!

Trondhjem’s Pie & Ice Cream Social 2015

The Pie & Ice Cream Social’s around the bend.
All of Trondhjem invites you to attend.
September the twentieth is the date.
It begins at 5; we don’t have long to wait!

From the kitchen we’ll be serving sloppy joes,
And as for dessert, most anything goes.
It’s a potluck of pies, a spectacle of taste.
Should you want first choice of pie, then to the food make haste!

Will pumpkin, raspberry or cherry appear?
Would eggnog pie promote pre-holiday cheer?
There might be chocolate or banana cream.
So many pies, which for you reigns supreme?

Do not forget that there is more upstairs.
There’s a silent auction and baked goods to spare.
Those treats may be salty, spicy, sweet or tart.
Know that all has been made/created with heart.

Donated by WELCA is a quilt that’s great,
And the talents who made it are first rate!
A ticket won’t set you back much, just a buck,
So buy a lot or a few and try your luck!

We hope you can come for an evening of fun
On 9/20 at 5. Please walk. Don’t run.
Visiting with you will make our day a success.
We’ll see you real soon. Until then, God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)