Friday, May 5, 2017

The Positive Page-turner's Challenge: Take 3

Though a handful of days into May, I made the final decision that I will, in fact, hand myself another Positive Page-turner’s Challenge. These books have been accumulating since the Challenge I posted on February 1, with the exception that one of the books I’d inadvertently left out of that photo is now in this one. Currently, only one book from this photo is in progress, so I’ve a ways to go!
            As in February, I plan to donate $25 for every 500 pages I read. My donation will go toward a fund through my home church. There’s a good chance I’ll gift it to the Haiti Project, but I’m leaving myself open to donating it to another fund (e.g. Sunday School).
            Do you have a passion project coursing through you? If so, what is it? Remember that a project doesn’t have to start off huge. There is nothing wrong with starting small and watching that small flame rise higher and become brighter. There is also nothing wrong with staying steady with your project, as endurance is a test as well. Take soap for example. Soap bars are small and seem like such a simple, minute thing. But there is nothing small about soap when you’re in need of it and you have none available to you. Recently, I sent a box of soap with a trailer full of items (including food packaged through Real Hope for the Hungry) to GoServ Global. It doesn’t take up much space, but it was crammed full. A box that can fit in the mailbox that contained 22 pounds of bar soap!

1 comment:

  1. My tally is in ... and I read a grand total of 2,747 pages in May! The books ranged from chapter books to adult mystery/thrillers. Since the numbers work out, I'll donate the exact amount. My total number divided by 500 pages gives me 5.494. Multiply that by $25 per, and my total donation will be $137.35. Guess I should go find my checkbook!

    Curious as to what I read last month? See below.

    1. "Behind the Scenes" by Jen Turano. 46 pages.
    2. "The Creeping Shadow" by Jonathan Stroud. 435 pages.
    3. "The Dark Prophecy" by Rick Riordan. 401 pages.
    4. "American Girl: Tenney" by Kellen Hertz. 172 pages.
    5. "AG: Tenney in the Key of Friendship." 171 pages.
    6. "As Dead as it Gets" by Katie Alender. 442 pages.
    7. "A Love So True" by Melissa Jagears. 356 pages.
    8. "Hide Away" by Iris Johansen. 358 pages.
    9. "Night and Day" by Iris Johansen. 366 pages.

    ReplyDelete

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)