Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Rutabaga's Free Book Contest

Photo by Pixabay via Pexels
Do you want a free book?

            During a season where we’re rushing to purchase Christmas gifts, cook turkeys, bake hams and make millions of cookies, I want to celebrate the end of a decade/start of a new one with, naturally, books. The rules are simple.
1.)    Between now and December 31, 2019, be the person to leave the most comments on any post on my blog. Catch: The comment must relate to the blog post. You cannot, for example, say “Hello” to me on 50 posts. But if you find you have questions about this contest, you could, as another example, ask them on this post and receive credit for a comment. If you ask a different post-related question later on for the same post, that will count as a second comment.
2.)   Be civil. If you’re commenting on a specific book or author that you found lacking, that is fine, as it is your opinion, but do not be rude about it. There’s plenty of negativity in the world as it is.

            Helpful notes:
1.)    Remember to use the same name every time you comment. Even if I know you go by “Lisa” and “Rutabaga” and “Mulan,” each of those names will still, by my tracking, be three separate participants.
2.)   Every week, I will leave a comment on this post giving a weekly update on the standings. Yes, it’s a contest, a small competition, but it’s a friendly one. If you are determined to leave the most comments, I want you to have the best chance that you can.
3.)   Don’t discount your chances just because you may be in second or even third place. If the contest is fiercer than I’m anticipating, I wouldn’t be opposed to having two or three book winners.

            For the winner(s):
1.)    The book you choose MUST be one that’s in a 2019 post on my blog. It can be a book that’s been reviewed or it can be one found in any of my Page-turner’s Challenges pictures. Exception: If the book chosen is, say, the second in a series, I will get you the first book if you haven’t yet read it and want to start at the beginning of the series.
2.)   If the book chosen has both a hardcover and paperback version, I will choose the less costly of the two. So, if you’re someone who is particular about hardback copies versus paperback copies (or vice versa), please bear this in mind.
3.)   Remember that this contest runs through the very end of this year. I plan to have more posts, including compilation posts, and any of those books shown there would also count as options for the winner’s choosing.
4.)   I apologize for any inconvenience, but books will be mailed to U.S. addresses only. (I don’t think this will affect anyone I anticipate will participate, but I’m covering my bases.)

HAPPY COMMENTING AND MERRY, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU!!

4 comments:

  1. I missed a week, but for anyone wondering, Kristi W. is currently in the lead with the most comments. Just saying, though, that the win remains within reach for anyone thinking of participating. So, don't think about commenting. Go forth and post comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi W. is holding the lead. However, it's not such a lead that no one else could overcome it if s/he chose. Just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are only five days left in 2019, but it isn't too late to begin commenting. Kristi W. remains in the lead, but her comments aren't a complete sweep. Anyone out there interested in earning a free book? Start commenting now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to everyone who participated in the Free Book Contest! I was heartened by the participation enough that I am seriously considering doing another one this year. Our winner for this first contest is Kristi W. However, she only won by ONE comment! Because of that, and due to the sheer impressiveness of the second place finisher posting 10 comments in a single day, I am offering a free book to Tonya B. as well. Congratulations, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)