Friday, November 8, 2019

The Positive Page-turner's Challenge: Take 8

So Many Books, So Little Time!
Contents of a Health Kit + 3 finished Kits
Good day, fellow bibliophiles! What are you reading? Whereas in my last Page-turner’s Challenge I had read all of the books by the time I posted my picture, I have read very few of these books. Although I’m already accumulating books for my next Page-turner’s Challenge (every bibliophile will understand having a continuous TBR stash), I expect this will be the last Challenge for 2019.
            My packages of bar soap continue to accumulate per my January 2019 Challenge, though I’ve been reading far fewer books than in other months this year. I only read three books in October, but that’s still another three packages of bar soap with 8-10 bars per pack, so that’s nothing to sneeze at!
            As I did for the Page-turner’s Challenge I posted at the end of August, I will donate a dollar amount to a fund at my home church. I will again donate $5 per book in this picture. At 17 books, I am donating $85. I decided that the money will go to Trondhjem’s Altar Guild.
            Since it’s my last Challenge for this year, I want to make it a little more involved. For every book in this picture, I am going to drop in $1 in quarters when Noisy Offering begins again. That’s a lot of quarters!
            And, for each group of four books that I can create in this photo, I will put together one health kit. With four groups of four, that’s four health kits. For anyone interested, I will include below Trondhjem’s lists for the health and layette kits that we put together for the Birthing Center.
            Does anyone out there have personal passion projects they are working on? Or do you have ideas but are unsure where to begin? Or would you maybe want to get involved in helping Haiti through GoServ Global? Please share positivity in the comments!

      Health Kits      
      - 1 bath towel (not white)
      - 2 bars of soap (in original package: mild soap like Ivory)
      - 1 adult toothbrush in original packaging
      - 1 wide tooth comb (remove from package)
      - 1 nail clipper (remove from package)

Wrap all items in the towel and tie with ribbon or yarn. Items should be new.

      Baby Layette Kits
      - 2 receiving blankets
      - 4 cloth diapers
      - 2 sleepers or gowns (one should be 0-3 mo. size)
      - 3 onesies or t-shirts (onesies preferred)
      - 2 pairs of socks
      - 1 baby cap
      - 2 baby safety pins

Clothing: varying sizes 3-18 mos. Wrap items in the blankets and secure with baby safety pins. Items should be new or in very good condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)