Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy 2022!

Close-Up Of Two Flute Glasses Filled With Sparkling Wine Wuth Ribbons And Christmas Decor
Photo by Alexandr Podvalny via Pexels
      
Happy New Year! (For real-real, this year, I hope.)
It’s a strange thing for me to reflect on the year that was 2021. With COVID-19 continuing to run rampant, variants quickly became the issue of the year. Fortunately, I remained healthy, whether thanks to being fully vaccinated + boosted, my lack of needing to be often out and about, sheer luck, or any combination of two or all three. 2021 was difficult in other ways, though. Like in unexpectedly saying goodbye to my grandfather. Even when someone’s led a long life, life doesn’t tend to prepare the living for unexpected goodbyes.
            I look to 2022 with positivity. I want to be better, do better, think better. I want to be a better me today than I was yesterday and better tomorrow than I was today.
            Wherever you are in life – physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally – my wish is that your 2022 is blessed, healthy, happy, loving, and bountiful. Dream big dreams and spread positivity. Empower others as you’d want others to empower you. Don’t be afraid to ask for help or ask questions. Try new things. Step out of your comfort zone. But most of all, live your life well!
            Love you, Lisa.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your reflection on 2021, Lisa! So beautifully written and thought provoking. Happy New Year to you, my friend!
    JoAnn Lower

    ReplyDelete

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)