Monday, August 28, 2023

The Positive Page-turner's Challenge: Take 17

Here’s my second Positive Page-turner’s Challenge of 2023 and my 17th overall. This photo contains 17 books. With 17 books in the photo, I will again donate $5/book. My total to donate this time around is $85. I donated it to the General Fund at my local church.
            Back in June (June 12, to be exact), a box of bar soap that I’d accumulated got sent to Iowa, where it was put on a shipping container with plentiful other donations to be sent to Haiti, including three pallets of meals packed by volunteers with Real Hope for the Hungry (that equates to around 22,000 total meals). I’ve mentioned this before and expect I will many times more, but I buy Ivory soap. However, they will not turn down bar soap donations of any kind. Please remember to package full bars and not the little hotel bars. The box I sent along was smaller. But 23.2 pounds is better than nothing at all!
            A note regarding soap: I prefer to remove the outside packaging on the soap, keeping the soap in their individual boxes/wrappers. I like to pack the soap in boxes that have plenty of space for me to write Bar Soap on multiple sides. I also use a strip of neon colored duct tape after taping up the box to note where it’s going. The soap I send typically goes to the Birthing Center, but has also been designated for the Consolation Center.
            What sorts of compassion projects do you support?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)