Friday, January 19, 2024

Bailey

Bailey rocking TMNT socks in 2016
R.I.P. Bailey (5/05/2012 - 1/15/2024)
Early this week, we said goodbye to another member of our furry family. Bailey was my local brother and sister-in-law’s golden retriever, but, as with Ellie, Lexi before her and Cinnamon now, he’s really a family dog.

Bailey was the epitome of the most loyal companion. He’d follow my brother to the ends of the Earth, if my brother was so inclined to travel. He enjoyed getting good pets and, if you weren’t vigilant, you might notice he’d already drooled in your lap while hoping for people food. He loved going for rides.

One of my favorite lines is the time my cousin, Megan, a veterinarian, stated, “I just want to braid Bailey’s butt hairs.” When I reminisced with her about this via text this week, she responded, “His butt hair was pretty beautiful.” LOL!

Bailey is dearly missed, especially by my brother and sister-in-law. I have a human nephew, but Bailey was my first nephew, my doggy nephew. He left this mortal coil only three-and-a-half months after Ellie. It looks like Grandpa Dick has another Heaven-side doggy companion to take walks with!

Thank you to the veterinarian who eased Bailey peacefully out of this world with my brother and sister-in-law by his side.

P.S. As my parents welcomed Cinnamon the Friday after Ellie left us, my brother, sister-in-law and nephew welcomed Gus the Friday after Bailey left (meaning today)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)