Tuesday, April 30, 2024

A Poem: "April's Adventures Through Books"

Photo by Jonathan Borba via Pexels
April’s Adventures Through Books
It’s time for April to draw to a close.
There’s been adventure enough, I suppose.
A milestone birthday passed with quiet fanfare.
That night brought music and fancy plastic flatware.

I met Onasander Octagon, genius-recluse,
But I had to watch out; there were YAKs on the loose.
I traveled to Paris in 1944.
D-Day’s approaching in the second World War.

I rooted for Channi against the Demon Witch
And stayed right there through the heartbreaking pitch.
I paused for a spell at Hope Harbor’s Sandcastle Inn.
Charley’s fish tacos were devoured for the win.

I brushed up on the Ancient World’s Seven Wonders.
Only one stands, the rest plundered, fallen asunder.
I recapped the Salem Witch Trials, too.
What an awful blame game hullabaloo.

Adventures through books are a great way to traverse,
To meet characters who are richly diverse.
With imaginations, who knows what you will find
From the workings of an authorial mastermind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)