Monday, April 1, 2024

National Poetry Month 2024

Photo by COPPERTIST WU via Pexels
A Rhyming Book Dragon in a Bibliophilic Wagon
Rhyming is for every day. Rhyming is for now.
Rhyming is just what I like. It is the cat's meow.
Note that not all poetry is in rhyming form,
But it is my favorite. It is my norm.

A new month has started. It is April 1st.
I hope it's as delicious as a strawberry Sunburst.
What new adventures will come my way?
How will I celebrate my coming birthday?

Will I be a pirate looking for a treasure trove?
Or a tourist touring through an orange grove?
How about a Fremen riding a sandworm?
Or a war-time nurse tending the infirm?

Will I be a music prodigy in a famed concert hall?
Or a debutante at her first formal ball?
How about a gymnast vying for Olympic gold?
Or a lone human surviving dystopian cold?

Whatever this month brings, I know it will include books.
The suspenseful plots may find me on tenterhooks.
Fellow readers can always find me, a book dragon,
Traveling along in a bibliophilic wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)