Thursday, May 2, 2013

The "Luna Lovegood" Scarf

Winter in May!
"Luna Lovegood" scarf
Isn't winter great? Wait ... what? It's supposed to be springtime? That's what I thought! However, this provides me a perfect opportunity to do a little bragging. My birthday was last month, and my friend - Nicole C. - surprised me by sending me a gift. But nay, it's not just any gift -- it's a LUNA LOVEGOOD scarf! For anyone familiar with the Harry Potter books and/or movies, you will know who Luna Lovegood is. However, you won't recognize the scarf unless you're familiar with the movies. I know it's not a close-up, but isn't the scarf fantastic?! I'm rather in awe of it myself. I love it!
    When I got my scarf, there wasn't much snow left on the ground. "Should I have a photo taken anyway?" I thought to myself. I waited. I'm not excited to see snow on the ground in May, but it works out very conveniently with the scarf photo! :-)
    I want to thank Nicole again for the scarf and her generosity. The scarf is attractive and fabulous and awesome, and I want others to see it and know of your crocheting prowess, too!
    Easy trivia (for those familiar with Harry Potter): (1) What house does Luna belong to? (2) Which wizarding magazine is Luna first spotted reading upside-down?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)