Friday, March 30, 2018

Cat Has My Back #sol18

Please note: I am not actively participating in the Slice of Life Challenge, but I have a sister-in-law who is. As I texted her earlier this month, “Mayhaps I will participate next year.”
~          ~          ~          ~          ~
I have three A-B-C cats. Abacus is male, while Bibbidi and Cannoli are female. See? A-B-C names, so they are my A-B-C cats. They are littermates born last year. I took them in from a couple in our church family. As best I understand, their mother was dumped off, had her litter of five and was killed only weeks later (I thought she got hit by a vehicle on the road, but I also heard she was killed by neighbor dogs, so I don’t know the correct story and don’t want to know).
            They are outdoor cats, but before you get any ideas that I don’t care about my outdoor felines, please think again. They have their designated “cat shed.” They are spayed/neutered and are up-to-date on shots. They are litter box-trained. During the cold months, I have a heated cat tent and a heated water bowl for their use.
            It is obvious that Abacus, Bibbidi and Cannoli were worked with a lot before they came to live here. They enjoy being held – cuddled – and absolutely love attention. They will follow me around like a dog. When Abacus wants to alert me to a possum in the yard or an empty food dish, he will meow at me very seriously (truly, it is a distinct meow). They all like talking to me when the mood suits. They are fantastic mousers.
            The pictures I’ve shared are of Cannoli in one of her favorite spots – on my back – as I’m dealing with their litter box. My mom happened to be at my house and so witnessed this and helpfully took some pictures. She even gave a play-by-play at one point:
·         “She is grooming her paws.”
·         “Now she’s lying out on your back.”
·         “She’s coming close to your neck like she’s going to sniff you or pat you.”
            It turns out that dogs aren’t the only best friends, though I love them, too. It’s just that cats are this woman’s best friends (of the furry variety)!
Cannoli has my back.
Results of Cannoli having my back during Muddy Season.

1 comment:

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)