Saturday, July 2, 2022

The Positive Page-turner's Challenge: Take 14

Ever since I started my Positive Page-Turner’s Challenges, I’ve purchased a package of bar soap (8-10 bars/pack) for every book read, chapter books on up. This has had to change, based on two factors: (1) I was told that I didn’t currently need to purchase soap to send to Haiti and (2) I’d been having trouble finding the brand I prefer stocked in local stores. January 2022 was my last month for purchasing soap, but it took me until early March to fulfill it (I needed 10 packages).
            So, what does this mean? I will, undoubtedly, continue my Challenges. For this first one for 2022, I will donate $5 for every book in this picture. With 17 books in this picture, the total amounts to $85. The money will be donated to my church’s Altar Guild fund.
            The bonus piece of my challenge was making a second donation to my home church. I wrote “LDR Eastern Europe Crisis,” on the Memo Line, as indicated that we should. That money went specifically to Lutheran Disaster Response. They respond to disasters both domestic and international. This money will go toward helping those in Ukraine and Eastern Europe. The amount I donated was $50, but remember all amounts - large or small or anywhere in between - add up to aid A LOT of people!
            What have you been up to? What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)