Tuesday, August 30, 2022

The Positive Page-turner's Challenge: Take 15

It surprises me, too, that I’m already back with my 15th Page-turner’s Challenge post. I’ve been accumulating these novels long enough that I have managed to read half of them, so I’ll take that victory. What are you reading right now? Any books that you would recommend?
            Like with my most recent Challenges, I donated $5 per book. There are 17 books in this picture, so $85 was donated to my home church. The donation went to the Haiti Fund.
            I normally include an additional piece, whether it’s donating physical items (like to the local Salvation Army at Christmastime) or volunteering with an organization (like participating in food packs) or donating extra money. I wasn’t planning on including an additional piece, but the additional found me! The middle of last week, I was at my parents’ house helping box up donations being sent to Haiti. My dad hauled down two pallets of medical supplies, health kits, baby layette kits and miscellaneous baby clothes. I think he took down more than just what was on the pallets. The donations sent this round included the last two boxes of Ivory bar soap I had in my house. (Total soap sent in pounds is listed in the Comments section below.)
             I’d love to hear what you’re doing. Are you donating of time and/or money and/or tangible goods? With crises going on the world over (that the news may or may not report on and whether the crises are local, national or international), do you find yourself wishing you were doing more or able to do more? What is your passion project, if you have one?

2 comments:

  1. The Ivory bar soap sent most recently totaled 40.6 pounds. I had two boxes containing soap: (1) 27.4 lbs. and (2) 13.2 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember if I posted this on a different post, but other boxes of bar soap that got sent off totaled over 100 pounds. (1) 37.4 lbs.; (2) 39.0 lbs.; (3) 37.8 lbs.; (4) 19.0 lbs. = 133.2 lbs.

    ReplyDelete

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)