Monday, August 29, 2022

Trondhjem's Pie & Ice Cream UN-Social 2021

Fortunately, Trondhjem's Pie & Ice Cream Social is a go this year. The posters are up, a Social poem was created (see yesterday's post), and pie plotting has begun. Since the Social will happen, I decided to share the UN-Social poem I wrote last year.

Trondhjem’s Pie & Ice Cream UN-Social 2021
Free Plate, Fork and Knife on Teal Background Stock Photo
Photo by DS stories via Pexels
            
Oh my, oh no, for the second year in a row
There’s no Social at Trondhjem; it’s a no-go.
We remain in a pandemic, so there’s no need to make haste,
Because there are no pies at all to taste.
 
So I’ll dream of the pies that might have been,
Like any sort of berry which we had back when.
I’m fond of those that have a chocolate focus,
Though a top-notch banana cream is not hocus pocus.
 
It’s another year away from Linda’s sloppy joes.
No chance to buy leftovers, so that really blows.
Without a Silent Auction and no baked goods to pick,
It’s just another day, oh fiddlesticks!
 
There was a quilt raffle with more than one quilt,
Giving some normalcy when one felt atilt.
I sure hope TLC will host a Social in ‘22,
For it’s an event that I always look forward to!
 
-LK
September 2021

2 comments:

  1. Love this poem! You turned frustration into hope for '22. Only you could do that, Lisa. Thank you! JoAnn Lower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you love this poem, JoAnn! Thank you for reading it. <3

      Delete

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)