Friday, December 15, 2023

The Positive Page-turner's Challenge: Take 18

The Positive Page-turner’s Challenge: Take 18
Look at that, we’re in the final month of 2023, but I’ve managed to compile enough personally purchased books to present a third Positive Page-turner’s Challenge for 2023 and my eighteenth overall. I’ve found 17 books to be my perfect number for setting up my little book photo shoots, so there are 17 books in this photo. At $5/book, I donated $85 to my local church. It went in this past Sunday’s offering plate, and I designated it to the General Fund, to be used as the church needs.
            “Delivering Hope Through Bars of Soap” is my motto when it comes to my unofficial Special Project for Haiti. If you refer to Take 16, you’ll discover that donating soap’s turned out to be a bigger help than I imagined. Recently, a box of soap I’d filled got sent with a trailer full of donations, including boxes of donated health kits, layette kits and three pallets of food. My box of bar soap came to 19.4 pounds.
            What compassion projects are you passionate about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)