Tuesday, April 12, 2022

A Poem: "What's for Supper Tonight?"

Free Pasta Dish Stock Photo
Photo by Cats Coming via Pexels
What's for Supper Tonight?
Suppertime must be close, because I'm thinking about food.
What I'll decide upon for supper, I can't conclusively conclude.
Are you a person who plots out meals in advance?
That's not my norm unless for a planned circumstance.
 
I have hotdish in my freezer; it's my go-to comfort food,
But then I need to make a new batch, as it's not in plentitude.
I definitely don't feel like making a big meal from what's in-stock,
Because I don't get done with work until eight o'clock.
 
My stomach is growling, prompting me to focus on food.
When I'm hungry, tempting thoughts of junk food intrude.
Dreams of chips, crackers, cookies, and fried foods galore
Tell me I should most certainly avoid the grocery store.
 
My thoughts keep running around a wheel about food.
With the exception of this poem, these thoughts are kept in solitude.
I don't want to prep or cook and so I think I might
Go on through a drive-through on my way home from work tonight.
 
* * * * * * *
 
(This post was scheduled to publish at 8 p.m. Hopefully, I'm walking right out the door at this time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)