Tuesday, April 19, 2022

A Poem: "Days of Random Thoughts"

Free White Bubble Illustration Stock Photo
Photo by Miguel Á. Padriñán via Pexels
Days of Random Thoughts
Do you ever consider your random thoughts in a day?
Most of the thoughts that I have in my mind should stay.
But plenty of my random is safe to share,
Like the day I pictured if I could pull off light-up footwear.
 
There was the time at work when the gate creaked open itself,
Prompting visions of a horror movie and a sinister bookshelf.
On that same day, one of the lights did something weird.
In a movie, it'd probably mean someone disappeared.
 
Weekly I wish for a retractable third arm.
It'd be retractable, see, no cause for alarm.
But where would it reside, front of my torso or back?
The downfall is that it'd be hard to buy clothes off the rack.
 
What fun would I have if each day bore a new wig?
I occasionally think of that one playful guinea pig.
My thoughts never seem to wind up in a drought.
These are some of the random things that I think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)