Saturday, April 9, 2022

A Poem: "The Thing About Reading"

Free Library Photo Stock Photo
Photo by mentatdgt via Pexels
The Thing About Reading
The thing about reading is that there's not time enough
To read about this, that and the other stuff.
From books that are fact to books that are fiction,
Readers read with impressive conviction.
 
I always have books on my T-B-R shelf,
And there are always more I want to gift to myself.
With work and a homestead, I can't read all the time,
But I am certainly guilty of reading past my bedtime.
 
Since working in a library, it's only gotten worse.
Fortunately, my choice of books remains quite diverse.
The conundrum is that I always want to check books out,
But recall my T-B-R shelf that I told you about.
 
From Amish fiction to those with a character lowborn,
From magic to mayhem and one with a sparkly unicorn,
From sweetness to suspense and joy to distress,
What I read makes me a grand adventuress!
 
Does your reading list go for miles and miles?
What are you reading, my fellow bibliophiles?
I ne’er catch up on reading, but if I may be so bold,
I plan to by the time I'm 913 years old!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE YOUR POEM, LISA! Thank you for making me smile!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JoAnn! It makes me smile that the poem made you smile! :-)

      Delete

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)