Sunday, April 16, 2023

A Poem: "Books Galore"

Free Assorted Books on Shelf Stock Photo
Photo by Ivo Rainha via Pexels
Books Galore
Books, dear books, sweet books galore.
Mountains of books full of lore.
Books aplenty and books abound.
A great, big, giant book surround.

Books aren’t a hobby, books are life,
But read the wrong one, and I’ll feel strife.
Books aren’t just books; they sustain
And a healthy mental health maintain.

Is it strange to wax on about books
Or to dream of the perfect book nook?
Because this is part of my daily routine,
And, random, but I’d like to try poutine.

I prefer books in a physical form.
Choosing an e-book is not my norm.
There’s something about that new book smell
That’s as strong as any magic spell.

Books from the library can’t be ruled out.
No new book smell, but no need to pout.
Libraries are community friends
That fuel imagination dividends.

I want to live in a Library of Lisa,
But funding that’s beyond the scope of a Visa.
I’ll keep reading two, three, five books at a time
And keep popping in with bouts of rhyme!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, you've certainly gained my attention with this poem! I'm thinking that someday there will be a "Library of Lisa," filled with your thoughts, your feelings, your words. It will be a learning library, one to make readers pay attention to their own lives, which is the reason we tell our own stories. Thank you for the beautiful way you create word pictures, JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, you are the one with the words! Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I wish that all the world would create beauty instead of negativity and destruction, fear and division. Whether that beauty come from word pictures or any other art form is up to the creator. Thank you for reminding me of the beauty and power of words!

      Delete

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)