Saturday, April 1, 2023

National Poetry Month 2023

Free Aurora Borealis Stock Photo
Photo by Visit Greenland via Pexels
National Poetry Month 2023
It’s a world of ruin in a world of dark.
It’s a world filled with shivers of sharks.
It’s a world of nightmares to make you weep.
It’s a world black as pitch where creepy things creep.

Time is out to get you and bring you down.
You bear the weight of the world like a dressing gown.
There’s no net to catch you, no one to keep you safe.
Life is out to scare you, make daily life chafe.

Darkness isn’t permanent, though it can overwhelm.
It’s there to be found, the light at the helm.
There is compassion, too, the brightness of hope,
An exclamation of love, where negativity will mope.

Everything is not lost, even if everything is not found.
I hope you are on a path where joy abounds.
Everything bright and joyous. Everything deep and true.
This is what I wish, what I’m sending to you.

1 comment:

  1. Living in a time that feels dark and foreboding, "bearing the weight of the world like a dressing gown," describes all of us at times in our lives. "Everything is not lost, even if everything is not found," sets us on a path of hope where we can again see brightness and joy. Lisa, I believe you wrote this poem just for me using words that touch my heart. Instead of weeping, I feel like singing. Thank you! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

You have a book or post-related comment on your mind? Wonderful! Your comments are welcome, but whether you are a regular or guest Rutabaga, I expect you to keep your comments clean and respectable. :-)